VOGUE NEWS&TRENDS FALL 2016
7 TOP COLLECTIONS New York FASHION WEEK
- Watch the Rodarte Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear show:
MARC JACOBS. LADY GAGA.
2. Leave it to Marc Jacobs to rescue an otherwise mostly flat New York Fashion Week with a gothy, Edward Gorey–esque, club kid fantasia. And enlist no less a superstar than Lady Gaga to walk in it. Stefani, as she was listed in Jacobs’s program, managed just as well in the foot-high platform boots as the next runway model.
Watch the Marc Jacobs Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear show:
3. Watch the Hood By Air Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear show:
4. Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez love their craft, and it really showed in this collection, which took its cues from process-oriented artists like Frank Stella, Richard Serra, and Robert Ryman. Control and release was the idea behind their twisted tailoring, laced-up knits, and sliced and re-stitched evening dresses. It wasn’t as out-and-out gorgeous as their Spring show, but the workmanship was expertly done.
Watch the Proenza Schouler Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear show:
5. Alexander Wang was determined to push the grown-ups’ buttons this season. His new Fall collection featured pole dancers and cannabis plants. And he sent it all out in a Park Avenue church. The daughters and sons of those grown-ups will scoop it up. Amen. Ka-ching.
Watch the Alexander Wang Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear show:
6. Watch the Rag & Bone Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear show:
7. They were rewarded with Eckhaus Latta’s most powerful collection of clothes yet: austere, deconstructed, but luxe
FASCINATING. FASHION TOP NEW DESIGN&COLLECTION.
WATCH ALL TOP COLLECTION.
Rodarte, Marc Jacobs, and Hood By Air were among the shows that stood out at the Fall 2016 New York shows. Read on to find out who else made Vogue.com’s list.